Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Not a big fan of the AM workouts, but that’s what I needed to do if I was going to squeeze one in today. Busy week so it had to be done. A quickie:

TGU’s
16kg; 5 x 1/1

One armed swings
16kg; 10 x 10/10 on the top of the minute.
I focused on packing the shoulder, actively pulling the bell down, snapping the hips and pulling up the knees, keeping the weight on the heels, and bending at the hips.

Today is Thanksgiving and it’s been a full year since I started with the Kettlebells. Lot’s of starts and stops. Lots of lessons learned. Next year promises to be better. That’s not to imply this was a bad year. I have lots to be thankful for.

I’m thankful for friends and family and the prayers from those who watch out for me. I’m thankful for a roof over my head, a car that runs, and food on the table. I’m thankful for a job to pay the bills. I’m thankful for enough coin to have a decent lifestyle, but not so much as to not appreciate what I have. I’m thankful for a little girl who doesn’t know the word convenient, but gives great hugs, make me laugh, and is always showing me what’s really important.

(…and if I get the turkey thawed in time I’ll be thankful for that too.)




0 comments: