Friday, August 8, 2014

It's been a month

The good: I have averaged 2 kettlebell workouts a week for July.  I think I am seeing results from the workouts; however I have been struggling with my back cramping up. I started jumping rope before and after morning racquetball.  I could barely make 60 jumps without my legs feeling like they were on fire and breathing like a charging rhinoceros.  Now, I’m at 90 seconds and looking to move to two minutes.  I started a very effective hamstring/hip stretch using stairs. 
 

The bad: No real appreciable weight loss during the month.  I really don’t count weight loss unless its 5lbs down for a week.  I was hoping to be 5 to 7lbs down for the month.  Some good news though.  I am starting a 6 week fitness challenge at G365 Fitness. The challenge is a combination of nutrition and exercise goals. 
 

The ugly: I’m playing morning racquetball and started the Monday night league however I have not dedicated any time to practice specific drills.  I thought I would have 30 minutes in the morning before racquetball, but so far I haven’t made it.  Hopefully I can make some headway here.  Here is one drill I want to start, the Star Drill.  It is designed to help with movement. I did wear my HRM and recorded 674 calories burned for 58 minutes.  

0 comments: