Friday, August 1, 2014

Such Promise...



From Scoundrel’s post, the 2012-2013 Racquetball season ended on a high note.  A 1st in MN State singles Men’s 45+C and a 2nd in Men’s C.  A disappointing second I might add.  Still very good for my second year of returning to competitive racquetball.   I was looking forward to the 2013-2014 season and was expecting to be good results.  I took lessons from SteveStrandemo, a big time player in the early 80’s. At the 2013 US Open,  I lost out in the second round of Men’s C and 45+C, however, I made to the semi-finals in Men’s C doubles.  There was the win at the Turkey shoot in Mixed B with Sheri and a Consolation win with Alan.  Then came the winter of 2014 and I lost just about every match.  I was mostly playing Men’s B.  Was it my playing or was the competition much better? I finished the 2013-14 season on a down note losing out of both Men’s B divisions, B and 45+ B.   Nagging injuries crept in also, my wrist in February and plantar fasciitis in late April.   

0 comments: