Thursday, October 14, 2010

Holy Toe Clips Batman!

Went to the club this morning to do some riding. As I was coming up on the bike section I began scanning the bikes for those that still have foot straps. Who are the ignoramuses that remove the foot straps from the bikes! There are only a few bike that still have the foot straps left, but today I was in for a surprise. I discovered two plain, lifefitness recumbent bikes with honest to goodness Shimano foot clips! (they were from the spinning bikes) Excited I was! So I strapped myself into the bike and cranked down the straps. Aahh.. I could feel the relaxing power as I spun up the bike (random setting, level 12, up 2 levels!) The ball of my foot positioned perfectly over axle of the pedal. 90 RPM was a breeze (I did a stint at +110) as I was able to use both the down and up stroke and not have my foot slide all over the place. Please answer me this. Why do people not use the foot straps? I just don't get it. Biking was such a pleasure, I was disappointed when my 30 minutes were up. Maybe it was because I knew I had to go to work ;). 37 minutes, 358 Cals, 45% fat, HR max: 159, HR avg: 126, 19:52 in zone (119-135). Up 3lbs though. Scoundrel and his Ghandi diet (it's a joke son) is losing weight like melting ice.

0 comments: