Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Busy Man’s Workout.

I tried something like this last week and I loved it. It’s not your fat burn zone or cardio workouts. In fact it is not intense at all. But by its very nature I actually spend less time huffing and puffing in the gym/basement. I managed what I consider an incredible work load last week, and even today I can tell that my muscles have been adequately fatigued. What did I do?
I did a new set every hour on the hour. Today it was about 2.5 minutes for every set. Five sets took me a total of 12.5 minutes. I did 5 ladders of 4 rungs, long cycle clean and presses (lccp), which means a clean before every press. That’s 24kg; 1 x 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 4/4 at the top of every hour for five hours.

Last weekend I did five sets of:
53kg 5/5 push presses,
24kg 5/5 clean and press,
16 kg clean and press, and
24kg 5/5 rows.

Each set on the top of the hour.

Something a little different.

0 comments: