Monday, February 4, 2008

Workout and Bowling

As Scoundrel points out quite clearly, I have been coming up short on my posts. I still read all the posts (mostly from Scoundrel), but haven't made the time to post myself.

Training Update:

I just started Week 4 of 6 today on my second round of the "Increase your Bench by 40 lbs" workout. I really like the workout and continue to see results. I'm not seeing the same increases as the first 6-weeks, but I didn't expect to. I've also missed more workouts in the last 4 weeks, mostly due to being tired and not getting enough sleep. I normally get 6 hours, but there were some days where I was getting about 5, so I'd skip a workout.

Last week was training all week and high calorie lunches, a dinner, and Super Bowl weekend. I'm way up to 187 lbs, not too bad considering. I'll be eating better again this week and Lent is coming up.

Bowling:

I continue to make small increases weekly in my average. And I still hold a slim lead on our semi-pro Captain, so I feel good. I have trouble hitting the pocket consitently at Flaherty's where I have more success at other lanes. My ball has too much breaking action for my normal postioning and delivery. I make small adjustments weekly to try to hone in on the pocket, but I've had mixed success. My best result is throwing harder to get more slide and less bite, but the angle of attack on the pocket does not give me the best pin action. I'll continue with small adjustments in hopes of getting it right and maybe have a 550 or 600 series.

1 comments:

Scoundrel said...

Alright. Way to go Galan!! Way to Man Up. Thanks!

Now create a little momentum and keep on posting. You know, your workout posts may be boring to you, but they’re not to me. My posts are boring to me. Who knows what we can learn from each other.