Friday, January 11, 2008

ROAD LESS TRAVELED

ROAD LESS TRAVELED

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference


Robert Frost



I’m taking another recovery day today.

Today Swami recommended the kettlebell workouts to a friend of his. I gave my two cents too in favor of the use of kettlebells. But, on further reflection - don’t. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

One of the reasons that I took this ‘Road’ is because it is less traveled. I enjoy the feeling of my heart beating through my chest, and the almost going to heave feeling. Seriously, I eat that stuff up. Even more, I love the feeling I get when I’m done, the thought of how I’m going to improve upon my previous levels of performance, and the image I have of what I think I’ll be able to accomplish and look like down the ‘Road’. I may be selfish, but I’d prefer you stay on the couch and have another beer.

1 comments:

Swami said...

Now this is the Scoundrel of old I remember. I think those kettlebells have awakened the sleeping beast. It must be the extra blood flow to the brain! Welcome back friend.