Monday, January 7, 2008

Something Old Part 2

I've really been struggling with my workout routine since I ended my 6-week program. I thought I found a routine I could get into, but too many of the exercises required equipment Snap Fitness doesn't have. So I've been trying for substitutes and not really certain what my program looked like or what my goal was.

So Saturday I got in a great workout, 30 minutes of cardio and another 30 minutes of weight training. I felt good again, and nice and sore the next day. I decided Sunday to revisit my 6-week program I liked so much and had good results with.

Today, I started the first session of my second 6-week session. I was happy again. I really like the workout and its more balanced than the last one I tried. This gives me another 6 weeks to follow a program I like and I know will give me results while I continue looking for the next replacement program.

I doubt I'll be able to increase my bench another 40 lbs., I'm realistic. But I'll push myself and should be able to make additional gains none-the-less. Benching 290 on my 185 lb frame without a lot of suppliments doesn't seem realistic. I'm still surprised I got up 250 lbs!

So my old routine and the bowling league, who could ask for a better start to a new year!

1 comments:

Scoundrel said...

Galan, I'm glad you settled on a program you can get enthused about. Tried and true is often better than new. Good luck and have at it!