Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Update


Friday night the Brawler and I went to the club. The Brawler wants to exercise. Something to burn fat. I asked him if he was serious and would let me show him an exercise. While to club doesn't have Kettle Bells it has CorBall balls which are like a small medicine ball with handles. They had 16 pound ball and an 18 pound ball. So I showed Brawler the Kettle Bell swings with the CorBall. Working on technique (which was shown to me by Scoundrel). We did 5 sets of ten swings (2 arm) with a 30 second rest in between sets. As I was doing them I could hear Scoundrel (best drill sergeant voice), back straight, head up, look forward, get your butt down, snap those hips, extend that pelvis.... Brawler did well and seemed to like it somewhat.

Afterwards, he wanted to go swimming. Brawler did 4 lengths of the pool, alternating between the crawl and breast stroke. Me being a big baby, didn't want to get into the cold lap pool and I don't like swimming.

Saturday Brawler's Quads were really stiff. I was stiff too. Quads, Glutes. So Brawler went to the club on Saturday and did some swimming and whirlpool.

Sunday we were back at it again. This time a 5 minute warm-up on a elliptical, then 5 sets of 10 w/30 second rest. Our goal is a week of 5 sets (every other day), then add 2 sets and work up to 10 sets of 10. Afterwards, we went swimming. This time I overcame being a baby and did some laps two. We did 6 lenghts (150 yds) I though I was going to barf up my two double cheeseburgers and fries. Shortcake and Turtlegirl have taught him well. Brawler showed me up swimming. I hope we can stick with this. I would be really good for Brawler.

0 comments: