Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Routines are Lost


Well I've been trying to make it in to Snap on a regular basis over the holidays. I haven't been doing too bad, but its been impossible to follow a weekly program, so I'm making things up and still feeling the burn. I like the daily consistency of the programs though. Its easier to track and measure results. My cardio workouts have suffered in my atempts to not lose too much on my strength workouts for the days that get missed. Weighed 186.2 Monday. Happy New Year! Looking forward to bowling!

2 comments:

Scoundrel said...

Hey, at least you were getting in during the holidays. Good for you. I wish I had your self-discipline.

It’s pretty obvious that cardio is not you’re favorite. Have you heard of the Tabata protocol?

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=04-046-training

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/tabataintervals.html

It might be a more attractive alternative to you than the bike. It’ll kick your butt though.

Swami said...

Happy New Year!
If you are worried about losing strength during you cardio, I suggest you give the Scoundrel workout a try.
The kettelbell swings will really work the big muscle groups and I guarantee you will get your heart rate up! Maybe you can convince Snap Fitness to invest in a few kettle bells?