Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Meet the Family....


Last Sunday Scoundrel and I got together for some male bonding. Scoundrel introduced me to his family - Svetlana, Medusa, Big Joe and the kids (his kettlebell family) I also got an introduction into the 'way of the kettlebell'. Scoundrel let me tryout Svetlana. I must admit, I'm a little jealous.
Scoundrel has in his basement stuff I can't get at "The Club". Kettlebells for one and a bike roller for another. Working with Svetlana was fun. She took it easy on me. If you don't have access to kettlebells, just use your bowling ball bag (with ball) - Not Scoundrel approved! Like most exercises (as I'm learning) it's all about technique. learning to keep you back straight as you swing and stand up and squat down. 2 sets of 10 swings and I was breathing heavy.

After Scoundrel showed me his workout - so much for easing into it! We went out for pizza and beer and took in an awful movie. Something we seem to have a knack for! (The Marine, and others that have blocked from my memory) This one was Alien vs Predator: Requiem. To say it was bad just doesn't do it justice. It was Blue Lagoon bad. But, a good time was had. We shared some beer, pizza and brotherhood.

1 comments:

Scoundrel said...

It was great to have you over to meet the old ball and chain, and all the 'little' ones ; )