Monday, November 19, 2007

Scoundrel #3 Coming out swinging.


OK boys. She arrived. A black beauty.



Curvy, cold, hard, with no IQ and a will of iron….wait I just had a deja vu moment. Sweet sixteen (kg), and she’s gone kick my tail. In some of the articles I’ve read the guys name their kettle bells. I think I’ll name this one Svetlana. Sveaty for short. She’s about as big around as a 10 pound plate; bigger than a shot put and smaller then a bowling ball.

40 minutes on the rollers. 3 x 30 second one handed swings alternating. Two minute active cool down on the bike to keep the oxygenated blood pumping. Hole-ee-cow!! Sveaty is more challenging than I thought. Only 3/30 second intervals and my heart rate hit 190. Legs are a little rubbery and my chest feels like it’s split wide open. Good though. Really good!

This could be the beginning of a long (slow) uphill climb.


4 comments:

Swami said...

So much for taking it easy. You'll be sore on Wednesday!! I'm glad you've found someone who you can live with ;)

Scoundrel said...

I'm sore now (Tuesday).

If I'm going to be abused, at least I can leave her in the basement, go upstairs, not wash my hands, and have a beer. Who's master of the castle now?

I know it's a deviation from the plan. But you’ve got to admit, Comrade, it’s got a little flair.

BTW – I think Svetlana sat on the Eye of the Tiger tape.

Swami said...

Hey... No removing pictures!

Scoundrel said...

I didn't remove any pictures....are you sure you loaded them right?