Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dragon Tail...

..or rather Dragging MY tail.

Didn’t eat a whole lot today. Bad choice. Svetlana let me know about it. Nag, nag, nag.

I thought I’d kick it up a notch. Mistake.

One Arm Swings 16Kg. 20R, 20L, 20 seconds,20R, 20L, 20 seconds, 20R, 10L, 80 seconds of sucking wind, 20L, 20R, 90 seconds, 20 doubles, 90 seconds, 20 doubles.

190 swings in 12 minutes. Lungs were screaming. Form was poor.

40 minutes on the bike on the rollers. 20 minutes in, my thighs were burning and I was ready to throw in the towel. Bonk.

I need to step back and have some Geritol....maybe after my ice cream.

3 comments:

Swami said...

You know.... If I had a newspaper, I'd roll it up and swat you with it.
What part of slow and easy don't you understand? You've had Svetlana for what? 2 weeks! and 2 weeks before that you were doing? the couch potato workout. Ramp up slowly! Set some week to week goals. Don't just dive off the 100ft cliff into the ice water. You should be looking at a 3 month plan. give you body a chance man!

Unknown said...

Nah, I say keep it up. Your body and mind wanted the shock. Nothing feels better than walking around sore from head to toe from working out.

Scoundrel said...

Wow, I do a little testing of the boundaries and now I’m a dog??

I haven’t abandoned the idea that slow and steady wins the race. And I admit I’m not ready for 5 x 20-20. (I don’t think I’m that far though.) Working out on about 500 calories up till that point in the day was not a good idea either.

Svetlana is new it’s only natural I’d see how far I could swing her.

When you got your Gremlin didn't you “push the limit” a little? Or the Jeep?

Which one of you has ever had a Kettlebell and can tell me you’re first hand experience? It's a novelty and there's a huge learning curve.

Hey, if a I learn a lesson from pushing, I’ll just add it to the list.

List:
Amoretto sucks.
Married life wasn’t so great either.

I’m just having a little fun. And since I’m motivated after years of being sedentary - all the better. By the way...I’m kind of liking the sore muscle thing. It’s a nice change of pace from rickety knees and a belly that jiggles.