Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Racquetball


I play some Racquetball Christmas Eve and today. I've been trying to run more and I think it's paying off some. Today I beat Marvelous M 15-13. It wasn't one of his better efforts, but I closed the deal. On Monday I played with Marvelous M, Super D, Mr. S and Mr. R. It was fun, but I was playing like crap. Afterward, we went to Ricky's Embers for some Christmas breakfast. We all had a good laugh at Marvelous' expense as the waitress dumped 3 of the breakfasts on Marvelous.

The past two days of playing I have started to see a glimmer of my serve starting to return. It's about time! I've been playing for almost a year now. I think it's a timing thing. The only problem trying to work on it is there isn't much room for error. Leave it up or off the back wall and they kill it. the power still isn't there, but I'm not hitting them all short either. I had 2 side rollout aces today . 278 today and Monday. I don't think I'll make it to Galan's weight challenge of 269 by the end of the year.

1 comments:

Scoundrel said...

Progress is progress. Well done. Keep it up! Is it one of those – “I’m trying too hard” deals where once you start to relax things start falling into place?