Friday, December 14, 2007

Tough to get motivated...

I got home cold, tired and hungry. Needless to say I was not motivated. I almost talked myself out of the workout…then I stepped on the scale. After Wednesday’s binging I was pushing 241; very disappointing after finally crossing the 240 threshold. (Even after my ab workout this morning). Well somehow I saw 238 and said to myself, “self, that’s what it’s all about.” So I went downstairs and hit it.

Workout:

Swings, 16Kg 4(L)\4(R )\4(L)\4(R ) x 10 sets at the top of each minute (160 total).

Cycle on rollers for 40 minutes.

Abs: Evil Wheel 12 x 1, Crunches 20 x 2.

My form was a little shaky, but at least I got through it. I feel pretty good now. It’s time for dinner, I think I’ll have a pizza and beer and watch The Bourne Ultimatum. The scale can wait till tomorrow ; )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job pushing yourself to complete the workout Scoundrel. I noticed your workout has been the same for the past week or two (I might have missed something). Do you have progression plans in mind, increased reps or sets. Its probably hard increasing weight unless you buy a bunch of kettlebells. Good job on the under240 milestone, keep it up.

Scoundrel said...

Don't forget that Swami's a mother hen when it comes to progressing too fast. That plus trying to focus on technique before I have too many bad habits. I still have one exercise (Turkish getup) to add before I reach the program MINIMUM and several techniques to master for the final protocol (Snatch, C & P, and MP's).

Re Kettlebells, I've been using the 16KB (35lb) which kicks my butt, the next one is the 24KB (53lb), and the following one is 32 (70lb). I do have a plan and a program, but I am proceeding slowly.